Features and Benefits
Moultrie Game Spy Camera is never shy about boasting its artifact made to cater from the ground to up. With its humble 5 megapixels image resolution it can keep the remarkable event in the wildlife alive. Although it may seem not as high as the others, it surely captures clear images with fuller colors during daytime and a detailed, sharp monochromatic themed picture at nighttime.
As one of the classic old cameras, it was made to get run over by a car and still work fine. It is built heavy and sturdy, so they will last for many accidents or bumps and keep on working. There are no worries about the camera and its durability as it was made long before parts got lighter and weaker in the industry.
Its long ranged nighttime infrared flash can reach up to 40 feet detection range and a length of 50 feet for a flash range that is generous enough for extensive coverage. The A-5 Gen secures the users a high-value hunt with its updated new look, shorter delay and its multiple shot modes that you can personalize your images according to your choice. Moultrie features its well-chosen color that works perfectly to blend the milieu when used in the wild or even used as a home surveillance camera.
It takes pictures below 1.5 seconds after detecting motion trigger until it captures valuable field of intelligence. Its newly improved lens design is capable of getting more vibrant colors while its enhanced IR filters provide longer lifespan and accuracy that makes it feasible for both nighttime and daytime exposure.
Its long lasting battery life is enhanced with compression mean that enables the A-5 to take and hold pictures up to 16, 000 images before getting a low battery. Also, selectable 3-image in a multi-shot and single-shot is added to the settings for the camera’s versatility.
- Enhanced Trigger Speed- Moultrie has improved its trigger speed to less than 1.5 seconds with attached passive infrared sensors which enable to deliver sharp images and improved detection range with fewer false triggers. The detection delay is also lowered from 1 minute to 10 seconds.
- Bigger Storage- The elevation of its storage management using image compression allows the A-5 Gen to take pictures up to 2.5 times more. Also, it operates with readily available AA lithium ion batteries for extended use most especially during extreme weather condition. The extension of battery life allows the device to take more pictures before it needs charging.
- Image Quality- Both day and night outputs show better quality of photos. The latest design of its lens has the skill to produce higher resolution and a more vivid colored depiction. Its re-engineered IR filter helps in saving power and enhanced credibility.
- Comprehensible Control Panel- Moultrie lives up to its old maxim “the simpler, the better” The A-5 Gen personify the phrase as it has a straightforward slider controls, managing the camera settings and other adjustments quicker and easier. Also, it comes with a mounting strap that slides into eyelets on either the side of the camera.
- Remodeled Case- A rugged, innovative exterior is being attached to the device to give the final polishing from the inside to the outside properties of the device. The case is a more rounded shape that helps in shedding out of the water to keep the essential components protected.
- Video Recording- Moultrie and its lowly image resolution, the video is a no go on this device. Its 5 megapixels resolution is not sufficient to film videos most especially during nighttime.
- Bulky- Considering its size and bulging size it is hard to correctly place it on any surface you wished to put it up to.
- Nothing Much to Offer- It plainly does its work, it captures pictures and it just that.
Right from the box, Moultrie model no MCG-12688 coming in at an approximate weight of 2 pounds showing off its classic design is big and the bulky. With the product dimension of 5.9 x 2.3 x 7.2 inches, it can be hardly hidden.
It has the detection range of 40 feet distance and a length of 50 feet and an integrated strap loop with Python cable compatibility. Equipped with Long-Range 850nm IR LED Infrared flash technology that can have data imprints on such as camera ID, time, temperature, moon phase and date.
The A-5 Gen2 runs on 8 AA lithium ion batteries instead of C-cell batteries. The added convenience and flexibility of AA batteries come with an impressive battery life of 16,000 images.
- 5 Megapixel resolution
- Less than 1.5 second trigger speed
- 40 Ft detection range
Who is the best customer for this product?
This Moultrie Game Spy camera is for those who plainly wanted to capture images for monitoring purposes either in the midst of the wild or just for a home security purposes. Small-scale businesses will enjoy the benefit from this camera if they need to go to several areas and requires monitoring. The only appeal this would have is for beginners that want a deal or enthusiasts who want to try the camera out.
As it underwent a series of redesigning process to hone and improve its existing features for optimum use, Moultrie now is ready to face the wild. The exceptional image quality comes in an affordable package that makes it ideal for wildlife, scouting, hunting and home security purpose and its user-friendly program is enticing most especially for the newbie. This might be a smart investment for those who are looking for a handy yet durable camera that is always ready on the go.